Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weekly Omens 3/30/13

One of the best parts of writing, I swear, is researching.  I've always been a student at heart so having a chance to keep learning new and interesting things just makes my day.  This week that included making contact with an old high school buddy to consult on Bastion.  I also swear that learning two different Marines talk about the exact same situation and both report totally different statements as to what "a real Marine would do" also is fascinating.


On Mind the Thorns:

Sorry to say guys, no update.  One should be going live this weekend to bring things up to speed.

On Bastion: The Last Hope

A new character makes her way on to the stage:  Angelica Winters, a 17 year-old gamer girl with a survivalist dad who has survived the clouds of death in their basement bunker.  It was a fun chapter to write and is also a nice place to join the story.

On Fictional Omens

I've been playing a lot of The Secret World so this week I took a few minutes to comment on it and some of the neat things you can get away with when you write a modern day MMO.

At home:

It seems that the Aria Richards debacle is now working its way out of the tech blogs and into the mainstream blogosphere.  It's fascinating to see how people are responding and the level of disconnect between what could have happened,what did happen and what was deemed appropriate.  I will probably write up something on this for Tuesday's post.

Oh.. and SPRING BREAK!!!!!!! Now I just need to use these days to catch up on MtT and get some buffer built up for Bastion.

And.... your weekly video:

I was having some fun with iMovie and put this trailer together.


No comments:

Post a Comment