Saturday, March 23, 2013

Weekly Omens 3/23/13



I don't know how I do it but once again I got bit with a nice bit of writing bug and I'm really looking forward to posting my next chapter of Bastion: The Last Hope.  Sadly I also got a return trip from the stomach lower GI bug going around our house and had a wonderful time with two sick adults last night.  Seriously, this 4 people in one house is nuts.  By the time one of us gets over something we've passed it on to someone else and it literally is just moving around and around.  So.  Not.  Fun.

On Mind the Thorns:

The vote is in and Thomas is going to be "one of the guys".  I fear that I may miss the Monday deadline so please don't give up hope on me, Dear Reader.  It will come but this chapter has so much dramatic potential (shout out of thanks to the crew at Webfiction Guide for helping me brainstorm through this) that it will be worth the wait, I assure you.

On Bastion: The Last Hope

Before I even talk about the update I have to give props to Fiona over on Webfiction Guide for the very kind 4.5/5 star review that Bastion received.

I'm also really proud of this week's update.  It's from the documentary "I Survived" which is produced five years after the events of the story so far.  It features two awesome coworkers as historians commenting on the "end of days".  It's fun.  Check it out.

On Fictional Omens

Okay, I phoned it in by reposting a previous entry about being a Cover Band or Fan Fiction writer.  It's a post I originally wrote last spring but I think the sentiments endure.

At home:

I'm a little taken aback by the events of PyCon this weekend.  If you're not familiar with it, the short short form is that a woman was offended by some off color jokes and so she tweeted a picture of them with her complaint.  This set off a storm of events that ended with one of the two men, as well as the woman, losing their jobs.  It's been eating at me for a few days now as I think about what passes for "conflict resolution" these days.  Rather than bringing us together, it seems that technology has driven us further apart.

And.... your weekly video:




No comments:

Post a Comment